Sunday, August 8, 2021

Untitled Protest

And, the fourth significant reason for my distraction: the 2016 election.

I wasn't sure what I could do aside from making a few contributions to organizations that promote LGBT+ rights. And I knew I didn't want to run a comic directly critical of elected politicians--since obviously the people voting is where the issue lay. But I settled on my Untitled Protest series, posted to Instagram and Tumblr.

In the series, which lasted with 50-sih installments, white people were treated as black people are in the US; women were granted the same entitled behavior of straight white men, bathrooms were arbitrarily regulated, and immigration laws changed on the fly, trapping American tourists at the airport.

I need to take proper scans of the whole series to collect it. Along with the short stories "Balloons by Golly" and "Balloons Over Ballots," this series is among my most overt political statements.


 

No comments: