Monday, August 16, 2021

Abandoned Cavalcade

 

When I was floundering a bit creatively, I wrote and thumbnailed--nearly page for page in a sketchbook--a Cavalcade OGN. When it came time to draw it, I thought it made better art-as-therapy than it did an OGN.

A few years later, I revisited a few members of the cast in a convention mini comic "Quickies." And, finally, there's this attempt to carry on the Cavalcade.

I'm not much for P'town, but after a fairly fun day trip on a dreary, rainy day that contradicted my prior experiences, I thought of this story, following a few of the past cast members and a few new ones as they approach life at 50.  Each time I've written about them, they age a bit more, and I thought it could be a fun story. But, alas, I changed my mind. All you get is a few sketches for an idea never really fleshed out.

No comments: