Wednesday, August 18, 2021

I want to go home

I have a few quick sketches from Machu Picchu, but nothing will really capture it. Instead, here's a sad moment. As I hired the Inca trail around Machu Picchu, I crossed paths with many hikers, who had been hiking for days, and through the rainy zone. One woman was absolutely miserable. 

Part of me wanted to follow her to back to Machu Picchu, in hopes that she would be awestruck at the site and the sights. And that she'd dry off quickly. 

The only downside of the time here was one of our party wasn't prepared for the hike and had a few issues themselves. Another group member took it upon herself to care for and entertain said co-traveler. She was very angry at our guide.

Definitely created a sour vibe for a bit.

Just to underscore the sketch, it wasn't me who wanted to go home, it was the hiker.

 

No comments: