Sunday, August 8, 2021

(Abandoned) Projects

This brings me to the third reason I was distracted: new projects that were abandoned.

At the time, Greg and I were busy, busy, busy brainstorming pitch ideas. In 2015, we'd finally finished "RE-INFINITY" and we'd also collaborated on a ghost story, putting them out there as Poison Press Presents #s 1 and 3. The first of two ideas stemmed from drawing I made (and posted, apparently, according to the note on the sketch) in 2009. It was a love triangle story.

 
The second idea we were brainstorming was rather dear to my heart. Let's long story short it and say seven teenagers find themselves embroiled in some mysterious goings-on. 


Though neither project made it to the stage of pilot mini comics, both were great exercises in us collaborating... paving the way for the short stories "Star Players" and "Liebestraße." The latter, of course, we developed as a graphic novel for ComiXology as Liebestrasse.

No comments: