Sunday, June 30, 2013

Truly Outrageous Coloring Contest

I'm told from time to time, "I'd love to see your take on ____." I have a folder of reference images and on rainy days, I dip in and fulfill some fantasies.

Among the top requests is Jem and the Holograms from Hasbro's doll line & TV show.  Yah, I know I kinda Fd up her shoulder/back, and the drummer looks a little wee. Overall, it's a good warm-up piece for the club scenes I need to draw for my half-finished indie-rockers-with-baby OGN.

It's hard to think of a B&W Jem drawing since all the "truly outrageous" characters have crazy-colored wigs and awful clothes. But, I didn't have the giddy-up to color this. So...it's the 

TRULY OUTRAGEOUS coloring contest!

1) Email me for the high res image.
2) Submit your colored version by Labor Day.
3) Judging panel of me will award places.

Prizes as follows:
3rd place: Tim Fish designed t-shirt
2nd place: Piece of original Tim Fish art
1st place: Dinner with me (paid for by me) when we are at the same con/city.

If anyone actually submits colors, I'll post them here.

No comments: