Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kitchen

Dear 55 followers and uncounted others,

I am now a property owner! Since the closing date, I have spent much time preparing my new dwelling. It was filthy...cleaning and painting took weeks, and is almost done. Along the way, I had to find a subletter for my rented apartment, pack, move, unpack. My goal is to get back to drawing and comics starting on Sunday!

In the meantime, feel free to comment on my old beat up cabinets which I am painting. The first image is my progress so far (original 1980s white doors, with orange, red-orange, and red). It's been suggested that I add more orange and red than the lonely 2 center squares. Which do you prefer?





9 comments:

Javier said...

Well, if you wanted to go all artsy, you could paint the front facing of the cabinets black and then keep most of the doors white, add a yellow door and a blue door.

Instant Mondrian.

Tim Fish said...

YES! I love the Mondrian/Partridge Family bus look. :-D

Tony said...

Javier's idea is better than what I was going to say. But of the four pictures, I like the last one best.

Greg McElhatton said...

Javier's idea is really fantastic and I vote for it. But of the existing options, I too am voting for the last picture.

Aman Chaudhary said...

I like the first one and the third one. I do not like the 4th on at all. And as for the 2nd one, symmetry is for pussies. You're better than that, Tim!

Matt28800 said...

Top Right! Yay! Looks EXCELLENT So Tim Fishy

Tina said...

I vote to leave it as is (I like it!) or go with the last picture. Having all of the boxes just under the counter doesn't look best :-/ And yay for a new house!!

Chris said...

Congratulations! I definitely like it better with more shades of color.

Tim Fish said...

UPDATE: I went (from left) orange, orange, red, red. It was the least amount of work.