Monday, January 7, 2008

Welcome to Arché-City



I am asked often about the city that most of my comics take place in: the angular monument, the street names I choose, the statuary all repeat often. Well, it's Arché-City, the city I've used since I was writing Arché-Lady comics. No, Cavalcade guys will never run into her, nor will The Cupcakes, nor the cast from Things Don't Always Suck. It's just helpful for me to have an idea where all this goes down. I first mapped the city in 1993, and you see here the 6th major revision of the city (I put pieces of it in the "notes" section of the jumbo Cavalcade). Frighteningly, it's to scale. Home to nearly 1.2 million people, and America's most extensive subway system (the city is built atop a series of caves, making the addition, removal, and re-routing of subway lines a simple matter), Arché-City boasts low crime and temperate weather with 4 distinct seasons—each lasting as long as a story demands it to.

3 comments:

Javier said...

Welcome to Arche-City...

And Welcome to Bloggy-World.

Best of luck with the upkeep of the blog!

Tim Fish said...

Thanks... the traffic will determine my motivation. For now, it's fun to just put the things up I did over last year. I suppose there is a lot in my sketch book that could be scanned.

Monica said...

Love to find your blog!