Thursday, February 11, 2010

Proper gentleman

I sketched this in my book some time ago and hated it, despite my love for Austen-ian men. Then one day in Lisbon, Roberto and I were grabbing a quick dinner at a cafe and I became quite taken with the texture on the serving trays. Grabbing my fat blue Koh-i-noor pencil, I rubbed the texture onto the coat and hat the man is wearing in this drawing. I loved the effect and decided to ink a bit of it. Now, I am again thinking of writing and drawing a gay story circa 1805. Will definitely require some research though, if it is to do what I'd like it to.

Tomorrow I begin posting sketches from my trip proper. I bet you can't wait. Until then, check out my photos on Facebook from the amazing festival at Angouleme.

1 comment:

Suzene said...

Oh, please do! I'd love to see you tackle a period piece.