Sunday, December 26, 2010

Last Call 2010: Boxing Day

Merry Christmas, for those of you who partake!

Today is Boxing Day, the traditional day for gift-giving in some countries. Santa made his deliveries to me yesterday, and a week-ago yesterday. Once again, he was overly charming.

Having bought my home recently, and it really coming together, many household items were looking really tired...some things I purchased right out of college and not long after. So it was mostly a very functional Christmas for me: coffeemaker, pots, potholders, dishtowels, sheets, a blanket, bike lock, reflector ankle straps. Not much "entertainment" or snacks, but enough to make me more than happy.

I came back to my place a bit early, to make sure it was ready to host my family's visit today. But the forecast is such that they are (wisely) postponing. It's already flurry-ing, and the snow wasn't due to arrive until this afternoon.

Ah well, they will have to wait to see my new floor another time.

I'm signing off the sketchblog 'til 2011. Cheers— and Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Mr. Fish.
patrick

Suzene said...

Here's hoping for a very happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
Advertising agencies in UK