Monday, September 20, 2010

Hrm...steampunk!

























You may recall that I am an Austen fan, and have a thing for well-spoken men in tails.

I've toyed with the idea of an Austen-era gay romance story, and have several scenes and conversations planned out. That's where the journey had stalled out until my recent work with Greg on a sci-fi buddy pitch inspired me to envision a transition of my story to steampunk!

Here's how it goes...intro, flirtations, sexual tension, more sexual tension, and whiz, it's more than you thought. It's a sci-fi story wrapped up in Victorian-era imagery with lots of gay undertones.

The story I am working on with Greg is more of a buddy thing, set in the future, and while there is some serious male bonding between the two principles, they are both so self-aware and living in an anything-goes age, I just don't see any sexual tension.

Once our mini comic is complete and we pitch it around, I will share some details here. Until then, enjoy some steampunk inspired sketches.

3 comments:

Suzene said...

I believe the appropriate expression is "squee!"

Aman Chaudhary said...

OMG! You must do this! It's brilliant. (And Steampunk is trending.)

Tim Fish said...

heh...my biggest problem at the moment is steampunk is typically mid-late 1800s, but my preferred Austenian zone is circa 1800.

I know the steam engine was retooled enough around then to make railroad engines possible, so I suppose one of the leads could be brilliant and a few years ahead of his time.

or some other idea that is now brewing in my noggin.