Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My teeth are rubbish

Extra thanks to my mom for insisting on thorough oral hygene and a low-in-sweets diet as a kid. These practices were burned into my brain and all seemed well for the first 43 years.

Apparently, in one's 40s, one's mouth stops producing certain enzymes, which makes it difficult for teeth to fend decay.

Long story short, I just had my first cavity and first filling!

It seems the sealants on my teeth are finally wearing away at the edges and decay is beginning...which means I have several more teeth to look forward to drilling in the upcoming years. 

Never facing the drill before, I was naturally nervous! It wasn't bad though. The exit from novacane wasn't fun, and my jaw a bit sore all day.

On the plus side, I got to relax and refinish the top of a cabinet on my dental day.

No comments: